Vanguard Toxic and Combustible WirelessHART® Gas Detector
Born to be Wireless!
The Vanguard Toxic and Combustible WirelessHART® Gas Detector was born to be wireless. With a 5-year battery and 1-button calibration — the Vanguard is a gas detector built for the wireless world!
The new Vanguard WirelessHART gas detector’s flexible monitoring of toxic or combustible gas can save lives. Its ultra-long battery life saves maintenance trips. Its easy pushbutton calibration; mount-anywhere mobility; and seamless, plug-and-play interoperability save time and trouble. And of course, eliminating long wiring runs saves thousands in installation costs.
Vanguard: It’s the way you always wanted wireless to work!
The Vanguard WirelessHART® gas detector is ideal for the monitoring of toxic and combustible gases without the need for costly and fixed wiring. With a five year battery life and one button calibration, the Vanguard detector is easy to operate and maintain.
Each Vanguard detector has a WirelessHART® transceiver, an antenna, a display, a long life power module, a gas sensor, and a signal processor for the gas sensor. Vanguard uses a sensor architecture trademarked “Flexsense,” which allows the sensor to identify its target gas and self-configure to a Vanguard transmitter upon connection.
It is currently available with either a non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) methane sensor (0-100% LEL) or an electrochemical hydrogen sulfide sensor (0-100ppm).
Wireless gas detectors like the Vanguard can augment existing gas detection coverage with minimal financial and labor outlay. The Vanguard can be plugged-and-played anywhere in an existing WirelessHART® mesh and perform its role as a first line of defense for H2S monitoring.
- Wireless capability
- Field interchangeable toxic and combustible gas sensors
- Interoperable with existing WirelessHART® networks and asset management systems (AMS)
- Easy calibration and operation
- 5+ year battery life*
- Heavy duty design with Class 1, Div 1 & 2 hazardous location approvals
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 149°F (-40°C to 65°C)*
- Supported Gases: Methane (CH₄) ; Hydrogen Sulfide (H₂S)
- Resolution : 1%LEL or 1ppm
- Accuracy: ±2% LEL (CH₄ sensor) ; ±10 PPM (H₂S sensor)
- Enclosure: Type 4X, IP66
- Weight : 9.6 lbs (including sensor and battery)