United Electric Controls Unveils Excela™ Industrial Switch
First two-wire electronic switch helping operators upgrade legacy infrastructure
Watertown, MA [6, May 2021] United Electric Controls, a leading provider of safety, alarm, and shutdown technology, today introduced ExcelaTM, a general-purpose electronic switch designed to meet the needs of plant operators. The solution removes the maintenance burden of traditional switches and provides operational insights helping organizations accelerate the transition to smart industry.
As plants grapple with the complexity and cost of upgrading aging infrastructure, they can now easily upgrade legacy mechanical switches by integrating the Excela. The electronic device offers precise control and improved reliability and is available in three different models: pressure, differential pressure, and temperature. In addition, the switch is designed for tough operational environments, including mining, water and wastewater, power, and sugar processing.
Key features include:
- Two-wire design – Easily integrates with PLC, DCS, or I/O card, lowering the total installation cost.
- Simple programming and precision settings – Improving operational control and performance.
- LCD and red/green LED indicator lights – Provides continual visual status of operational performance.
- NEMA 4X/IP66 certification – Provides weatherproof versatility for outdoor and indoor applications
Quotes and commentary:
“Reducing the maintenance burden is a vital component in the march towards digitalization. Our innovative switch provides a practical solution, enabling organizations to benefit from enhanced automation and insights into performance without having to invest in the additional infrastructure necessary for transmitters.”
– David Wilbur, General Manager & Chief Technology Officer, United Electric Controls