Founded in 1931 United Electric Controls (UEC), and its divisions, Applied Sensor Technologies and Precision Sensors, is a privately held corporation headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts, USA.
UEC is a manufacturer of durable and reliable WirelessHART gas detectors; pressure, temperature, vacuum, electromechanical and electronic smart switches; safety transmitters; controls; and sensors. Focused on providing protection to equipment, processes, and personnel in a variety of industrial applications, our products range from simple units to highly specialized custom designs.
Many UEC products perform industrial alarm and emergency shutdown functions for our global customers, while others provide critical sensor inputs into their control systems. Our reputation for dependable, reliable products is a result of innovative design, superior manufacturing processes, and a corporate focus on uncompromising quality.
- WirelessHART gas detectors
- Pressure switches
- Temperature switches
- Vacuum switches
- Temperature sensors
- SIL-rated switches and transmitters
- Field safety systems
- Smart electronic switches
- ISO 9001-certified
- Customer-first approach through service, delivery, and value
- U.S. manufacturing facilities
- Market driven solutions that satisfy customer requirements
- A history of innovation from the first microswitch design to the first HART
smart switch to the first WirelessHART gas detector with 5-year battery life
- Fit-for-purpose design by application
- Energy management
- Non-toxic manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing for maximum productivity
- Operational excellence (OpX) for reduced waste
- One-piece flow for optimum manufacturing efficiency
- Worldwide factory support
- More than 140 distributors in over 75 countries
- Third-party approvals and certifications
The leaders in Safety, Alarm, and Emergency Shutdown (ESD)
Recognizing that our markets continually evolve, we listen to our customers and provide them with innovative products and services that protect their lives, businesses, and the environment.
We maintain a culture of continuous improvement. Have a sense of urgency for meeting all customer requirements. And develop employees, bringing benefits to individuals, the company, and society.
Our Core Values
Our success is built upon our core values that begin with dedication, honesty, teamwork, and mutual respect at all levels throughout the organization.
Message from our Chairman