Commodity Specialist II
Purpose: Develop external sources of supply to ensure the company’s requirements for goods and services are fulfilled at the highest quality relative to requirements.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of Materials
- Ability to procure materials needed in a manufacturing environment and a thorough knowledge of material procurement procedures.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, math, interpersonal and organizational skills gained through a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 to 5 years material procurement experience.
- Ability to work in a team based environment and a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Mechanical component procurement experience required; electronic contract manufacturing procurement desired
- Ensure that the company’s needs are met through the selection and development of suppliers.
- Ensure that suppliers are aware of company’s requirements and are capable of meeting quality and delivery objectives.
- Form partnerships with key suppliers to ensure that any product enhancements that may benefit the company’s final product are reported.
- Understand and adhere to legal and ethical issues in all phases of dealing with suppliers from contract negotiation through contract fulfillment.
- Adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Develop sources for specialized commodities.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and Engineering to (a) Qualify new suppliers, )b) understand issues related to quality and specifications of purchased parts, and (c) ensure proper communication flow between UE and suppliers.
- Order, expedite, reschedule and review requirements for purchased material.
- Ensure correct pricing is invoiced, and debit memo’s are taken for returned material, on a timely basis.
- Understand commodity pricing issues.
- Participate as a member of quality audit team.
- Provide industry information on quality, lead-time and pricing.
- Participate in the development of the departmental business plan.
- Understand company business cycle.
- Maintain safe work environment by following company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in Lean activities.